" A large and heavily fortified base. The local gang is a threat to the entire area around it. "
Bandits grouped together in gangs that grew not only in size but also in power. Taking shelter in heavily fortified camps, each one controlling the territory they reside and becoming a threat for any survivor group in the vicinity.
This unique fortifications are found in the outskirts of towns and cities in the wasteland each varying in strenght from a fairly easy to incredibly hard.
At least 7 camps will stray from the survivor quest routes so in order to reach them it will be necessary to do extensive traveling.
Super camp term
Inside the on-line community, classification of the wasteland forts parameters will vary from player to player and each will give a distinct definition of what he thinks a Super Bandit Camps has to be.
All forts share similar characteristics which are:
- Located directly in the wasteland, not inside a city.
- Share the same map icon.
- Share the same description upon contact.
- With the exception of Izhevsk, all are referred as gangs and most of the have a distinctive gang name.
By this description, all 15+1 camps could be considered Super Bandit Camps as they all share the same traits one from another even when being looted they are all referred as "Bandit fort" .
The now widely used term for Super Bandit Camp was originated in the on-line community to distinguish the camps that:
- Requires large groups of player to take down.
- gave the most ammount of caps.
- Had present RPG-7 wielding bandits.
Currently points 1 and 2 are no longer applicable since both of them are not active in the current game mechanics and only point 3 applies.
While it can be stated that all 15+1 wasteland forts are Super camps, for an easier understanding this section will use the common dual class for the Bandit forts plus an extra class.
only 5 Super camps or SCAMPS for short are recognized by some of the players of the community, these are:
- Magdeburg. Europe
- Jilin. China
- Magadan. Russia
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Russia
- Muroran. Japan
These forts have an enemy presence with enormous firepower at their disposal including PKM machineguns, SVD sniper rifles and RPG-7 grenade launchers.
Before engaging, the survivor must be sure his equipment and perks are up to the challenge or else be ready for an early grave.
the rest of the camps will have a more diverse organization of their members ranging from a dog or an axeman to assault units.
Most of these camps are located in the main quest line of the game so its hard to miss them.
Quest related camps are part of the story, hence the name.
Only 2 camps share this class.
- Shadrinsk. This camps is located between Tyumen and Chelyabinsk, while it can be attacked directly like any other camp, the survivor can instead opt for the Sabotage quest and eliminate the camp without fighting.
- Abakan. The game finale. This camp won't appear in the map until the survivor has reached a certain point in the quest Way Back Home.
|2.Skulls fort (Lokomotiv)||100/
|3. Fists fort||150/
|4. Spiders fort (Isilkul)||300/
|5. Crosses fort||400/
|6.Red wolves fort||500/
|7. Eagles fort||500/
|8.Baikal Gang fort||1000/
|9.Khabarovsk Gang fort||2500/
|10.Sangar Gang fort||3000/
|Super Bandit Camps|
|12. Kamchatka Gang fort
|13. Muroran Gang fort||3000/
|14.Magdeburg Gang fort||3000/
|15. Golden Dragon Fort||5000/
|Story Related Forts|
|16. Abakan Gang fort (Abakan)||Will only appear after note 26 from way back home quest, this base drops no loot and the player do not actually fight it.|
|3. Fists fort (Shadrinsk)|
- Bandit camps used to occupy entire cities in which they were located.
- Magadan, Magdeburg, Muroran, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and Jilin were impossible to beat alone in online mode, people made groups for raiding these camps.
- In the past, bandit camps had an area of influence in which their gang members could be found patrolling their territories. Some bandits roamed the wasteland by using vehicles with improvised armor like the Kamaz or even T-72 Tanks and Mi-24 helicopters. Not all gangs send patrols to the wasteland.
- Super bandit camps refresh after every big update.