|Information on this page is accurate for version v.670 and can differ from the current info in v.674.|
Occur when wandering around in the wasteland. Most of them have positive outcomes, but there is a possibility that you might get injured or killed even trying to be a good person.
Most of the rewards will be maps to a hidden cache with basic loot, like food or resources.
Blood Trail - Wolves (City - Intact House)
This usually happens when exploring intact houses. You'll spot a blood trail and following it may result in an encounter with two radioactive wolves chewing up a survivor who cannot be helped. You can either kill the wolves or escape them in order to save ammo.
Wolf (Intact House, Wasteland)
You come across a puppy that is being attacked by rats. If you win the battle, you get the Wolf Pet.
“As I was walking through the deserted city streets, the wall of a lopsided brick building collapsed. I was unlucky enough to be close by, and a brick fell right on my head.”
A brick fell on your head. You lose 5 health and receive a Concussion. There are 2 options:
- Take the brick (gain 1 brick)
Warehouse Looters (City - Warehouse)
Occurs randomly when searching in a warehouse. 3 options to choose from:
- Greet the looters with a fight (1v3 fight)
- Climb out and hide behind a box; after this you can put the box over a looter and start a 1v2 fight or stay hidden (needs testing)
- Escape through the side door (needs testing)
Blood Trail - Injured survivor (City - Intact house)
“On the doorstep, I noticed a bloody footprint leading inside the house. I don’t know what is waiting for me in there.”
The start message is similar to the wolves encounter. You will encounter a wounded survivor who is unconscious. You can either help him or put an end to his misery. Helping and waiting for him to wake up usually results in him giving you a map to a hidden loot cache in a random location nearby.
“Before I could go inside, I was met by an armed man. The stranger said he found this place first and I should go and find my own.”
While you are venturing around in the city, you might meet a looter. He will threaten you, claiming that the area and the supplies belong to him as he was there first. You have 3 options: threaten him; start battle: and quit.
The first option will cause him to take a glance at your gear and if you are stronger than him, he will simply leave. Then you can search the place.
Injured Bandit (City)
I came across bandit in an apartment building. He was on the floor, leaning against a wall and attempting to bandage his many wounds. When he saw me, he raised his pistol and threatened me in a faint breathless voice.
- Shoot him
- Take cover behind the wall
- Offer to help
You will find an injured bandit attempting to patch up his wounds. He will spot you and point a gun towards you. You can either shoot him, take cover or offer help (which requires you to have 1 alcohol, 1 painkiller and 10 bandages). It is possible that the bandit will attack while you are helping him, but if he does not, he will give you a map to a hidden cache. The cache is hidden in a sewage system, for which you will need to make shift tools (-50 energy) or a crowbar (-50 energy) to access. You could then choose to go down in the dark or lit up the place. If you choose to lit the place, you will notice a trap, which you could either disarm to get the grenade or go around it. You would then receive the loot. This encounter usually happens in areas with stronger enemies.
(Note that option 3 might not be available, in which case a fight is inevitable and there would be no map...)
Abandoned Camp (Forest)
Rarely found. Belonged a survivor who would have left their camp. If a beginner player finds an abandoned camp, then they should consider themselves lucky. It is usually found in a Forest.
Rotting human remains (Radioactive Wasteland)
Same as abandoned camp. Has a small bit of loot.
Withered body (Mountains)
Same as abandoned camp.
Survivor Dugout (Forest)
I came across a dugout shelter in the woods. The coals in the firepit were warm, so someone must live here and can't be very far away. I don't hear any noise inside.
Extremely rare to find. Should you find a survivor's dugout, you can:
- Lie low and wait (survivor comes, has 3 choices)
- Go inside
- Search (battle survivor, get house loot and ground loot, quit)
- Search everywhere (get ground loot, continue with option 2 or 5 next)
- Set up a tripwire grenade (requires 1 F-1 grenade, kills survivor, get house loot and ground loot, fight 5 wolves, quit)
House Loot (stuff inside his house):
- Clean water
- Detoxifying potion
- Healing salve
- Rifle ammo
- Dried meat
Ground Loot (stuff outside his house):
Bandit camp (Forest)
"From behind the trees, you can hear the crackle of a fire and two people talking."
You encounter a bandit camp in a forest. There are a number of options to choose from:
- Start battle (immediately start a fight)
- Walk up to them (receive a rib injury, then start the fight)
- Put on some camouflage and sneak into the camp (Ghillie suit required). 3 options are then made available:
- Sneak in left, center or right tent. Sneak in the "top option" will start a battle with 3 bandits (bandits are in tent and are awake).
- Sneak in the “center option” gets you some loot.
- Sneak in the "bottom option" and you will be in a tent with a sleeping bandit. You can then choose to search or slit his throat. Slit his throat will result in some loot and a body to search for more loot (corpse holding a PPSh-41, some TT ammo and other normal bandit corpse loot).
This is second same encounter;
- Get closer (Get any injuries)
> Start battle
- Start battle (Forced to start a fight)
- Quit (End encounter)
Beehive (Forest, Radioactive Forest)
You come across a beehive, which you can loot to get (1-2) honey.
Strange mushroom (Radioactive Forest, Radioactive Swamp)
Rare encounter that gives you a random Strange Mushroom.
Looter camp (Wasteland)
You could encounter this band of people on the road or in the wasteland. There a few options here:
- Start battle: immediately start a 1v5 fight (do not attempt this unless you have decent weaponry and armor)
- Talk to them: You share information, nothing happens that benefits you
- Share 10 cigarettes: You get some cigarettes, time passes and you gain 100 experience. (best choice!)
- Sneak up and eavesdrop: (Ghillie suit required) Receive a location for a supply cache nearby.
Abandoned Garden (Wasteland)
You may come across an Abandoned Cornfield (~15 raw corn), an Abandoned Potato Field (~15 potatoes), or an Abandoned Garden (~15 vegetables).
Lost Fishing Rod (Coast)
While searching the coast you may find a Sturdy fishing rod.
Boat Wreck (Coast)
It will contain a few basic loot. Similar it the 'Abandoned Camp'.
A Clear Stream (Mountains)
You can collect 8-15 bottles of clean water.
The pharmacy has been completely ransacked and on the floor in the midst of all the chaos was a person lying motionless with a few empty syringes next to him. It looks like this place was already cleaned out.
- Search the body:
When I reached out to touch the person, he opened his eyes and bit my hand! Then he lept to his feet and pulled out a knife.
Receive Blood poisoning and start a 1v1 fight with a bandit.
He has 150 health, 150 armor, uses a knife (22-50) which has armor penetration, counterattack as well as free attack.
- Search the pharmacy
- Shoot the body.