*Follow this quest to get the BelAZ.
*To open this quest go to Irkutsk surivors' base and talk to man from Yakutsk. You can find him in the bar.
Then go to Mirny and talk to Vladimir. He will tell the protagonist all about his plans to build the greatest wasteland conquering machine of all time. He just needs a little help and then he will agree to let the protagonist be the "steersman".
Unfortunately, a little help happens to be a ridiculously long list of materials. So if the BelAZ is your goal, start accumulating these items from Day 1.
THIS IS THE HARDEST, MOST TIME-CONSUMING QUEST IN THE GAME. EXPECT A MINIMUM OF 20 HOURS TO WHOLE MONTHS OF GRINDING TO COMPLETE THIS LIST AND DELIVER ALL MATERIALS TO MIRNY.
|Moving town||Note No. 1|
|Moving town||Note No. 2|
To complete the quest you'll need to bring back to Mirny:
- Nuclear reactor part x3
- Clean water x1000
- Steel tools x10
- Auto spare parts x500
- Iron pipe x1000
- car battery x50
- Scrap x100,000
- Steel x50,000
- Lead x100,000
- Nail x10,000
- Wire x10,000
- Insulating tape x1000
Comprehensive guide about materials gathering
Required and recommended items for gathering
List is organized from the most important to the least important. Notice last items will significantly improve quality of life, and are relatively easy to craft.
- KamAZ or KrAZ-255 to move nuclear reactor parts
- Steel making furnace to smelt steel.
- Workbench to make iron / steel equipment.
- Forge chimney to make pipes, wires and nails.
- Electric car or any other wehicle for easier looting and trading.
- Wooden house or better for the other structures.
Required and recommended levels for gathering
Recommended levels for gathering specific items:
- Level 87 needed to smelt steel with the steelmaking furnace.
- Level 87 needed to make steel tools.
- Level 87 needed to craft KamAZ, which you need in order to move the reactor parts. (if you reached level 93, you can make the KrAZ-255)
- Level 75 needed to make greenhouses (for farming corn to distill into whiskey to trade).
- Level 63 needed to craft bellows / forge chimney, which is how you make nails, barrels, wires, and iron pipes
- Level 43 needed to start crafting car batteries
You need to gather huge amounts of bricks, scrap metal, firewood and fire-bricks to make the requested buildings. Being closer to a city will save fuel/resources. You should already have assembled the electric car. It is very efficient to collect or trade for diesel and other materials.
|3x||They are found in Chernobyl nuclear power plant, which is in the far west. It's a small circle on the map called "CNPP" about 100 km northeast of Kiev, in the middle of radioactive forest. Each part weights 20 tons, which will bring you above 80% in your KamAZ / or about 60% if you use KrAZ-255, and you will be moving on the way back to Mirny. The whole trip is about 5000 km if you follow the straightest possible line. Despite automatically stopping at the edge with a warning, you can cross rivers in a KamAZ / KrAZ-255. This will not use up extra diesel, but just takes forever. You may use cities jutting into the river as shortcuts. If you avoid cities, you should not get attacked in your truck and therefore you can travel light. You will need to bring enough material for about 12 repairs (120 auto spare parts, 24 tires, etc) and enough food (10 stew meat and 20 water, if you let yourself go hungry, otherwise double that).|
|1000x Clean water||You can Boil water, use the water purifier, and/or find water in hospitals, clinics and pharmacies. (Not recommended)|
|10x||Can be made with the forge chimney and steel. Easy enough given that you need 50,000 steel for this quest.|
|500x||Picked up from a Car Workshop, Garage or on the road where broken cars sit. Also can be traded for 50 activated coal --> 1 auto parts in Chelyabinsk survivor camp.|
|1000x||Forged with scrap metal, can do 50 at a time, or found in construction sites, ruined buildings and craters.|
|50x Car battery||There are several ways to obtain them, and since 50 is a lot, use a combination of all of the following: Method 1 is the Whiskey Cycle. You can trade 1 Car battery For 50 Whiskey at Irkutsk Survivor Camp. Method 2 is to craft using a broken automotive battery and 15 sulfuric acids. As you will need to trade sulfuric acids for diesel at Tyumen, it is probably the best option to grind giant bees in Ufa for acid and buy the car batteries in Irkutsk.|
|100,000x Scrap||Can collect from ruins or disassembled cars; this is very heavy, so either deliver this with the steel in your truck or just wait and scavenge scrap from the villages and towns surrounding Mirny (it's quite easy to just find the scrap that you need inside Mirny after everything else is moved.)|
|50,000x Steel||Hardest and longest part of the quest. Steel making furnace needs to be built first, which takes ages. After this, you need 1k coal, 1k scrap and 25k gasoline to make approx 250-500 steel, but this can be improved with the steelmaker perk. You can also get steel from super bandit camps, usually 3k-5k steel each. Optionally, you can trade one HMR in Magnitogorsk Survivor Camp for 100 steel; this would take 500 rockets, and since 500 HMRs is a lot, you will need lots of plastic explosives, which you can obtain by disassembling F-1 grenades, which you can get by killing bandits; if you decide to use this method.|
|100,000x Lead||Easy to get from broken automotive batteries, approx 1.5k per battery. Batteries are quite heavy but can be found with broken cars on the road. You need approx 67 batteries to get 100k lead. Can also be traded for 100 Machine oil --> 500 Lead in Magnitogorsk survivor camp|
|10,000x Nail||Can be forged from scrap metal, or looted from intact houses. They can also be obtained from nailed boxes.|
|10,000x Wire||Forged from scrap metal and found in intact houses, car workshops and garages. Can also be traded at Tula survivors' camp-5 strawberry for 1 wire. This would take 50 000 strawberries, which you can plant in your greenhouse, if you decide to use this method.|
|1,000x Insulating tape||Found in many buildings and can also be traded at Sverdlovsk Survivor camp: 1 detoxifying potion for 3 tape. To get 1k tape you would need 333 Detoxifying potion, which can be crafted or traded at the forest trader for salt. However, a forest trader is extremely rare and hard to find, so be ready with salt whenever you're searching the forests. You can trade 5 salt for 1 alcohol at Arzamas.|
To get the 3 reactor parts with your truck you will need an incredible amount of diesel fuel: a one-way trip from Mirny to CNPP requires about 1.7kk diesel at least. So 5 one-way trips plus another ~1kk to bring your steel/scrap/pipes to Mirny in the first place, requires approximately 10kk diesel. Save diesel, beware to plan your trips carefully when using your truck for anything other than for this quest, or simply use a different wehicle, like an e-car.
- Find diesel by tediously collecting from around the map.
- Buy with caps at the shop.
- Trade it at Tyumen ( 1 sulfuric acid bottle -> 2k diesel gallons)
- You can choose to go back from Mirny to CNPP using a cheaper vehicle (e.g., e-car), to reduce the number of one-way trips to 3, at a total of about 6kk diesel. You will need to leave your truck at Mirny and craft new trucks in CNPP if you intend to use this method.
- You can also choose to use krAZ-225 with Truck 3 perk instead, which can carry 2 reactor parts at once while carrying a maximum of 368k diesel. So you will need to create pit stops along the way before making the two-reactor trip. Utilizing this method cuts down the number of trips to 3 trips, at a total of about 6kk diesel to finish this quest. If you combine this with the previous method to reduce it to 2 trips, a total of 4.5kk diesel is needed.
- Method 1 is to kill and butcher giant bees in Ufa to synthesize sulfuric acid. This will require 1 acid gland, 100 sulfur and 5 clean water for 1 sulfuric acid.
- Method 2 is to use the traders to get sulfur from stew meat and bone glue: 1 stew meat for 150 sulfur (Irkutsk), 1 bone glue for 20 sulfur (Chelyabinsk).
- Method 3 is to find sulfur by searching the radioactive wasteland. This method will probably take forever since it takes time to find sulfur in the rad. wasteland. If you intend to use this method, you should get the scavenger perk first.
The BelAZ is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Besides not needing fuel, it also does not need to be repaired!! Enjoy.