Version 638 has introduced changes to the leveling/crafting system. A lot of the information found in this guide is available in-game but this guide may help new/returning players understand the system.
Details[edit | edit source]
- Crafting tab has a new layout
- Leveling up is required to unlock recipes
- Recipes are unlocked using Research Points
- Cooking is now done by clicking the fork and knife icon located in the first cell in crafting tab
- Only hut, fire, torch, clean water, sterile bandage, and handmade spear are available at the start of the game
Layout[edit | edit source]
- All crafting recipes are arranged in a grid according to the level required to unlock each recipe
- Recipes can be sorted from the left of the screen
- By default everything is visible
- Optional sorting for housing, health, tools, weapons, chemistry, armor, and vehicles
- Note: Some recipes such as Rifle Ammo can only be accessed by clicking on the ammo icon in-game and sorting with the tabs at the top of the screen. This is denoted with the "+" symbol on the bottom right of some icons.
- Blacksmithing has been combined into the Tool Kit, Nails, and Steels Tools icons
Leveling and Research Points[edit | edit source]
- Levels range from 1-100 with increasing amounts of experience needed to attain the next level
- Upon leveling up, new recipes are unlock for the appropriate level at 3, 5, 7, 10, continuing until you reach the maximum level of 100
- Upon leveling up, you will also receive research points for select recipes you wish to unlock
- All recipes can be unlocked.
- Note: If you updated the game to v.368 from a previous version, the game will assign your character a level and research points based on your progress in the previous version (possibly using the old skill experience system)
Cooking[edit | edit source]
- See recipes and Cooking system.
- Cooking is now done by clicking the fork and knife icon in crafting. Clicking this will open a new interface.
- Combine ingredients to create the desired recipe and result
Corrections[edit | edit source]
Any corrections, modifications, or clarifications are appreciated! I will add more to this guide later if it actually helps anyone.