|Information on this page is checked and up to date with the current version v.670.|
AKS-74U assault rifle calibrated for 5.45x39mm cartridge.
The AKS-74U is the shortened variant of the AK-74 assault rifle. while not as widespread as the full sized AK and significantly less powerful, the AKS makes up for its single AP usage and 3 shot burst fire mode. Specially useful for clearing crates and other small obstacles where pistols wont just cut it.
The AKS-74U cannot be assembled from a broken gun.
The AKS-74U is a shortened variant of the AK.74 intended for close quarter combat and portability in situation where a full sized AK is utterly unwieldable.
- The rifle stock is a skeletonized triangular stock that can be folded for even more compactness.
- The handguard, gas chamber and barrel have also been shortened and modified.
- The barrel has a conic muzzle device.
- The magazine is standard issue 30 round capacity metal made 6L23 model in black.
The AKS-74U can be further enhanced by using either direct or indirect perks.
- Direct perks affect the weapon category.
- Indirect perks affect the survivor.
Saving on weapons cost (Indirect perk)
Saving on weapons cost increases the durability of the weapon.
|Saving on weapons cost|
|Lvl 1||Lvl 2||Lvl 3||Lvl 4||Lvl 5|
Assault rifle expert (Direct perk)
Increases the damage output from the weapon category.
Point blank (Direct perk)
Point blank will increase weapon damage in 25% at the cost of reducing the effective range by 1.
Hunter perks stand for any of the following perks:
- Headhunter (+ Damage for people)
- Monster hunter (+ Damage for Mutants)
- Hunter (+ Damage for animals)
Maximum damage can only be achieved by combining Point blank range, Assault rifle, (Animal) Hunter level 3 and shawarma, for People and mutant enemies maximum damage does not include shawarma effect.
|Picture||Assaulter Level 4|
|Normal / Online mode||32-48|
|Perks||Move after attack|
|Bandit city fort||Yes Level 3|
|Requires the following materials :|
| Results :
| Requires the following materials :
- AKS-74U appears for the first time in the game.
- In the quest Protection, Mikhail asks the survivor for 10 Kalashnikov rifles, although the AKS-74U rifle, the RPK-74 and PKM machine guns are also members of the Kalashnikov family, Mikhail will only accept AK-74 assault rifles.
- The AKS-74U does hace a stock, but it is always folded.
- The "S" stands for Skladnoy (Folding) and "U" for Ukorochenniy (Shortened) full name will stand as "Avtomat Khalashnikova Skladnoy 1974 Ukorochenniy"
Designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov in 1974, the AKS-74U was born out of the necessity of the armed forces to acquire a more compact weapon for close quarter comba during the soviet project "Modern". Judging from other designs submitted, the AKS-74U, while no greater than the rest, it had the advantage that i t was designed over an already existing platform and thus could be easier and cheaper to manufacture due to the availability of parts.
Adopted in 1979 and manufactured in the Tula Arms Plant, the AKS-74U stopped production in 1993.